







An expression is a word or group of words used in a particular situation or by particular people.
In English an expression doesn't always have a particular grammar structure but is commonly used in spoken English.
Examples :
| Expression example sentences | |
|---|---|
| Since they use my stuff we can *borrow* some of their bread, I think. | 鉴于他们使用我的东西,我们可以“借”点他们的面包,我觉得。 |
| I guess the bottle is clean, but can you wash the glass, please? | 我想酒瓶是干净的,但是你可以洗一下杯子吗? |
| That's okay, can we do it first thing, please? | 好的,我们可以先做第一件事吗? |
| Cate, I'm taking my bag with me, so no need to worry. | 凯特,我现在把包带走了,所以不需要担心。 |
| I'm talking about leaving the house, of course... | 我当然是在讲离开房子的事... |
| You too, byee! | 你也是,拜拜! |
| Hello Diego, thanks for taking care of the bag. | 你好,迭戈,感谢照看他的包。 |
| Hello Jen, what's up? | 喂,珍,出什么事了? |
| Yes, but can we cut them in cubes, please? | 是的,但是我们可以将它们切成小方块吗? |
| Is there any chance of getting a table, please? | 还有没有机会得到一个位置,拜托了? |
| We'll have the mussels, the calamari, some shrimp and the grilled fish, please. | 我们要点贻贝,鱿鱼,虾和烤鱼,拜托了。 |
| Alright, see you then. | 好的,到时候见。 |
| Can we see the kitchen first, please? | 我们可以先看下客厅吗,拜托了? |
| ...Oh yes, I want to talk to my mum, I mean Mrs. Jones, please! | ... 哦是的,我想和我的妈妈通话,我指的是琼斯夫人,请! |
| We'll have a bottle of chardonnay and a bottle of sauvignon blanc, thanks Mike. | 我们要一瓶霞多丽和一瓶白索维农,谢谢你,迈克。 |
| Well, can you explain how you make that calculation, please? | 好吧,请你解释下你是怎么计算的? |
| Thank you, madam, see you then! | 谢谢,女士,到时见! |
| Can you put it on the stove, please? | 你可以把它放到炉子上吗? |
| Can you look after it carefully, please? | 可以麻烦你们留心帮我照看一下它吗? |
| That's wonderful, thank you very much! | 那太好了,太谢谢你了! |