







An expression is a word or group of words used in a particular situation or by particular people.
In English an expression doesn't always have a particular grammar structure but is commonly used in spoken English.
Examples :
| Expression example sentences | |
|---|---|
| Can you clean the sink before I start washing, please? | 你在我洗菜之前能清洁一下水槽吗? |
| Diego, can you tell me what she said last night, please? | 迭戈,能告诉我昨晚他说什么了吗? |
| And I need a ladle for the chicken stock, that's all, I suppose. | 我还需要一个长柄勺来舀鸡汤,就这么多,我觉得。 |
| I was sleeping before you woke me up, what's up? | 在你叫醒我之前我是在睡觉,怎么了? |
| Can we see the kitchen first, please? | 我们可以先看下客厅吗,拜托了? |
| He looks a bit scared, because he can smell Bear, I think. | 它看起来有点害怕,因为它能闻到大熊的味道,我觉得。 |
| Okay Toby, my loudmouth friend, sorry to say... | 好的,托比,我的大嘴巴朋友,抱歉地说... |
| I'll have 20, please. | 我要20支的,谢谢。 |
| That's okay, no problem. | 好的,没问题。 |
| Can you get me 3 small beers, please? | 你能帮我拿3瓶低浓度啤酒吗? |
| Can I have a look at it, please? | 我看一下好吗? |
| Umm... That's right, how did I forget that? How stupid I am... | 额... 没错,我怎么忘了这个?我好蠢了... |
| Oh, hang on, what about the room upstairs, in your house? | 哦,等下,你房子楼上的房间怎么样? |
| It seems we have to, in any case... | 看来我们不得不,无论如何... |
| Could you chop some onions for me? Please?! | 你可以帮我把洋葱剁碎吗?谢谢! |
| And I need to change my clothes, of course. | 而且我需要换衣服,当然。 |
| Can you put it on the stove, please? | 你可以把它放到炉子上吗? |
| Erm, kind of, but not exactly! | 额,有点,但不全是! |
| She couldn't stand seeing your ugly face anymore, I guess. | 她无法忍受继续看你丑恶的嘴脸了,我猜是这样。 |
| Sorry Cate! Nice to meet you. | 不好意思,凯特!很高兴见到你。 |