In English we use phrases to ask for something we want politely.
I'd like... = I would like... / Can I have...? / Could I have...?
Examples sentences :
We use Would you like...? for offers (when we want to give something or help someone)
Examples sentences :
Notes for use of polite request / offer / suggestions :
'Would you like' has the same meaning as 'Do you want' but is a more polite way of offering something!
In English we use the question phrase 'Why don't you / we...?' to make a polite suggestion.
Polite request / offer / suggestion example sentences | |
---|---|
Shall we check if they have that very special rice first? | 我们先看一下他们有没有那种非常特别的米好吗? |
Do you mind if I join you? | 你介意我加入你们吗? |
While we are here, shall we get the drinks, too? | 既然我们在这里,我们再去买点饮料怎么样? |
Shall we leave, then? | 我们能走了吗? |
Would you like me to moonwalk as well? | 你还想让我跳太空步吗? |
What would you like me to cook for you? | 你想要我为你烧什么菜? |
Anyway, would you like to go out for breakfast? | 不管怎样,你想要出去吃早饭吗? |
Yes, thank you, we would like to order half a duck with pancakes. | 是的,谢谢你,我想点半只片皮鸭。 |
It's getting late, shall we leave soon? | 有点晚了,我们马上出发好吗? |
Cate, why don't we ask Rocco to get us some wine? | 凯特,我们为什么不让洛克帮我们拿一些葡萄酒呢? |
I would recommend you get some mussels. | 我推荐你点一些蛤贝。 |
Cate, why don't you go and get Pogo from the garden. | 凯特,为什么不去把波哥从花园里带回来呢。 |
Would you like a whole chicken, or do you want pieces? | 你是想要一整只鸡,还是一部分? |
What are you worried about? Why don't we just do it? | 你在担心什么?我们为什么不马上做呢? |
It must be a sign, why don't you... | 这一定是天意,你为什么不... |
Alright, shall we book the table for eight thirty, then? | 好的,那么我们要订8点半的桌子吗? |
Would you like me to order you two something else? | 你想要我帮你们两位点其他的东西喝吗? |
Shall we call them to make appointments for Saturday? | 我们需要打电话给他们预约周六看房吗? |
There are 3 types of parmesan, which one would you like me to get? | 这里有三种帕尔玛干酪,你想要我买哪种? |
I got one big one, shall we get some tomatoes? | 我要大的,我们需要买点西红柿吗? |