







An expression is a word or group of words used in a particular situation or by particular people.
In English an expression doesn't always have a particular grammar structure but is commonly used in spoken English.
Examples :
| Expression example sentences | |
|---|---|
| We have to preheat the oven, can you turn it on, please? | 我们需要预热一下烤箱,你可以打开它吗? |
| Hello, can we order our meals, please? | 你好,我们可以点餐了吗? |
| That's perfect! I appreciate it, thank you so much! | 太完美了!对此我很感激,太谢谢您了! |
| I'm talking about leaving the house, of course... | 我当然是在讲离开房子的事... |
| Maybe, sorry about that. | 可能吧,很抱歉。 |
| Umm... That's right, how did I forget that? How stupid I am... | 额... 没错,我怎么忘了这个?我好蠢了... |
| An entire house!? Way more than we pay now, for sure. | 一整栋房子!?可能要比我们现在付的多。 |
| Umm, my first choice would be Camden Lock, I guess. | 嗯,我的第一选择是卡姆登洛克,我想。 |
| Hi Laura, congratulations! | 你好,劳拉,恭喜! |
| If you don't have anything better to do, of course. | 当然,如果你没有更好的安排的话。 |
| They are a f*cking bunch of unprofessional idiots, unbelievable! | 他们简直是一群不负责任的混蛋,不可思议! |
| And I need a ladle for the chicken stock, that's all, I suppose. | 我还需要一个长柄勺来舀鸡汤,就这么多,我觉得。 |
| Hello, I'd like to book a table for two for tonight, please. | 你好,我想订一个今晚的2人桌,拜托了。 |
| Congratulations, well spotted! | 恭喜。全中! |
| Cate, I'm taking my bag with me, so no need to worry. | 凯特,我现在把包带走了,所以不需要担心。 |
| Erm, kind of, but not exactly! | 额,有点,但不全是! |
| Can you give me some information about the other tenants, please? | 请你讲一讲其他租户的信息,可以吗? |
| ...It was nice to meet you, too, thanks! | ...见到你也很高兴,谢谢! |
| Can you start from the beginning, please? | 你能从头讲一讲吗,拜托了? |
| I need them finely chopped, please! | 我需要把它们剁成小颗粒,谢谢! |