







In English we use phrases to ask for something we want politely.
I'd like... = I would like... / Can I have...? / Could I have...?
Examples sentences :
We use Would you like...? for offers (when we want to give something or help someone)
Examples sentences :
Notes for use of polite request / offer / suggestions :
'Would you like' has the same meaning as 'Do you want' but is a more polite way of offering something!
In English we use the question phrase 'Why don't you / we...?' to make a polite suggestion.
| Polite request / offer / suggestion example sentences | |
|---|---|
| Would you like to sit by the window? | 你想要靠窗坐吗? |
| Would you like to get some cashback? | 您想要部分现金返现吗? |
| That's not bad, shall we start checking some houses, then? | 那还不错,那我们就开始找房子? |
| Before we start, would you like me to play some music? | 在我们开始之前,你想听我演奏点音乐吗? |
| Okay, shall we meet at the station at five? | 好的,那我们5点在车站见怎么样? |
| Where would you like to sit, Cate? | 你想要坐在哪里,凯特? |
| Shall we leave, then? | 我们能走了吗? |
| Do you mind if I join you? | 你介意我加入你们吗? |
| It must be a sign, why don't you... | 这一定是天意,你为什么不... |
| Okay, we'd like to sit outside. | 好的,我们想要坐外面。 |
| Would you like some thighs or drumsticks, then? | 那你想要点鸡大腿或鸡腿肉吗? |
| Shall we check the deli section while we are here? | 我们去这里的熟食区看一下好吗? |
| While we are here, shall we get the drinks, too? | 既然我们在这里,我们再去买点饮料怎么样? |
| What are you worried about? Why don't we just do it? | 你在担心什么?我们为什么不马上做呢? |
| Would you like a packet of 10 or 20, sir? | 您想要一包10支的还是20支的,先生? |
| Shall we try a trick, then? | 那么我们要耍个花招吗? |
| I believe I can! Why don't you try helping me a bit? | 我相信我可以!你为什么不试着帮下我呢? |
| Cate, why don't you go and get Pogo from the garden. | 凯特,为什么不去把波哥从花园里带回来呢。 |
| Shall we get a bottle of chardonnay? | 我们要一瓶霞多丽怎么样? |
| Why don't you use your own phone? | 你为什么不用你自己的手机呢? |